Westby House Inn & Gathering Place
The policies for the Westby House Inn & Gathering Place are listed below. If you don’t find your answer here then please do contact Scott or Cyndi with any questions or concerns about the policies prior to making your reservation.
- COVID -19 Virus Policy: As a traveler, you also have a role to play in preventing the spread of COVID-19 by monitoring and screening your own health days before arrival. Please stay home if you are sick or have symptoms. Our cancellation policy has been temporarily relaxed to a 48-hour notice with no penalty. We will not supply any PPE i.e. face coverings. etc. during your stay. If you feel the need to bring your own, please do. All recommended CDC guidelines will be practiced by staff during your stay and we ask you as well, to participate where and when deemed necessary.
- Your Account can be settled by the preferred form of payment of check or cash. Credit cards accepted are Visa and Mastercard.
- Non-smoking Inn: Entire Inn, Guest Lodge, and Guest House are Smoke-free. There are appointed outdoor areas for smoking. Anyone caught smoking in the Inn will be asked to leave and charged the full reservation plus the cost of having the room cleaned.
- Pet-free environment. The Westby House Inn & Gathering Place maintains a pet-free environment policy applying to all types of animals accompanying guests. The innkeeper's pets reside in their private living area. In addition, the Inn cat, Ted, on occasion will visit guests on the main floor inside the home. No pets are ever allowed on the 2nd floor where our guest rooms are located. The staff knows and complies with ADA accessibility standards for the service animals. Local pet boarding exists for ease of booking.
- Check-in is between 4-8 p.m Each reservation is made with an anticipated arrival time. We ask you for this as a courtesy to better serve you. Providing your anticipated arrival time and calling us with any deviation by more than an hour, gives us the ability to be here for your arrival. We understand things come up, however, if you should find yourself with a change of plans but do not offer us a courtesy call with an updated arrival time, we can not guarantee that we will be here to greet you. The Inn is our residence and not staffed like a hotel, on occasion, we are away from the facility. Your arrival time is important to us as we base our schedules around your chosen arrival time. Arrivals after 8:00 p.m. will not be accepted, unless previously arranged with a phone call to the inn and is based upon availability. Check-ins begin at 4:00 pm with no exceptions.
- Check-out is by 11:00 a.m. Late check-out requests can be arranged at $10.00 per hour and are based on availability.
- Children Over Twelve Years of Age welcome. No sleeping bags or cots can be brought into rooms per state fire code. We must provide a sleeping bed.
- Rates are subject to change without notice. Posted room rates do not include a 5.5% sales tax or WBBA fee. Rates are for one or two guests per room.
- Continental breakfast is currently included with Main House only. No breakfast is included in our Independent stays outside the Main House.
- Confirm and hold your reservation with a valid Visa or MasterCard credit card.
- Cancellation and Changes to a Reservation: *See our Covid-19 Virus Policy for the updated Temporary Cancellation Policy.* If you need to change or cancel, please do so at least 8 days before arrival. Any changes or cancellations to the original reservation will have a $25.00 cancel fee per night, per room processed on the credit card provided for the reservation. The $25.00 cancel fee will also adhere when we re-book the room for you. In the unlikely event that you must cancel with less than eight (8) days' notice, shorten your stay, or check out early, please understand that we must ask you to take full monetary responsibility for your entire reservation.
- 30-day or more Advanced Reservations: A one-night deposit on each room booked will be charged on the credit card provided when the reservation is made 30 days or more in advance of the date of stay. A Receipt of the Deposit will be emailed when the charge is processed, with any balance due at check-in.
- Stays of 3 or more nights will require a one-night deposit on 1-2 rooms. When booking 3 or more rooms 50% deposit of the entire stay will be required at the time of booking. A Receipt of the Deposit will be emailed when the charge is processed, with the balance due at check-in.
- A two-night minimum stay is required in all rooms.
- Candles, incense, and any other open flames are not allowed in the guest rooms because of fire danger/insurance coverage requirements. Battery-operated candles are fine to bring with you.
- Visitor Policy: The Westby House is a very private place for rest and relaxation. The use of rooms is reserved exclusively for our registered guests. No visitors please to guest rooms at any time.
- Group Reservation Policy: Any groups of 3 or more rooms must reserve all available rooms in the Main House before reserving any Guest Lodge accommodation. A 50% deposit is required at the time of booking. Cancellation notice is 30 days prior to the arrival date. Any room cancellations within 30 days of the arrival date forfeit the deposit. A processing fee of $20 per night, per room, will be processed on the provided credit card.
- Occupancy Violations: Rooms with only one bed have a Maximum Occupancy of 2 persons. We are required to know at all times the exact number of guests under our roof and on the property. Please alert us immediately of any last-minute change so we can accommodate another room based on availability. Violation of this policy will result in charges of $200.00 of the state-required Fire Safety Code plus the full cost of the reservation and expelled immediately. Any Occupancy Violation of a Single Guest Reservation will also be adhered to with the same penalty as stated above.
- Early Departure from Original Reservation: 50% of the unused original length of the stay will be charged.
- Not responsible for theft or damage to personal property.
- Our business hours are Tuesdays through Saturdays – 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.