NOTE: THE LUNCH ROOM IS CLOSED FOR THE OFF-SEASON. WATCH THIS SITE FOR OUR APRIL 2014 RE-OPEN DATE FOR NOON LUNCHES.
LUNCH AT THE WESTBY HOUSE
Return to a simpler time
... Come experience a delectable lunch or tea in our tea room, which is open to the public with seasonal hours. We serve the finest meals and baked goods, specially prepared for the pleasure of your palate. Delicious cuisine, an elegant atmosphere, pleasant wait staff, and comfortable, relaxing surroundings will make your meal or tea time an enjoyable and unforgettable experience.
At the Westby House, we attend to the comfort and hospitality of our guests, and search out the highest quality ingredients. Simplicity, elegance, and freshness... for the pleasure of your palate. We seek to compliment these gracious surroundings with the food we serve.
We advise you to call ahead for availability, as the restaurant does honor large parties that reserve the entire restaurant, therefore, may not be serving to the public.
Closed on major holidays and Saturdays
Here are a few of Our Most Popular Entrees at $9.95, inclusive with beverage choice.
House Favorite Chicken Salad
11:30 a.m. until 1:15 p.m.
Monday through Friday-
Late April through Early-October
- Our most Popular item! Made fresh daily, tender diced chicken breast complemented with apples, celery, and mayonnaise and crowned with cashews. Garnished with in-season fresh fruit. Served with a dinner roll.
Westby House Rueben
- Continues to be a house tradition! Hot deli-style corned beef with sauerkraut, Thousand Island dressing, and melted Swiss cheese on dark rye. Prepared as an open-faced sandwich. Accompanied with Potato Salad, Fresh Fruit, or Westby Creamery Cottage Cheese.
Victorian Garden Salad
- Extra large salad bowl filled with lettuce greens, fruits, Swiss cheese, and pecan nuts. WIld Raspberry Vinaigrette or Sweet Vidalia Onion dressing is the finishing touch. Served with a dinner roll.
Westby Melt Sandwich
- Ham and/or Turkey, with Swiss cheese and Dijon mustard mayonaise on multi-grain bread. Grilled.
Served with Potato Salad, Fresh Fruit, or Westby Creamery Cottage Cheese.
11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Late April through Early-October
Closed on major holidays
, Saturday by chance.
By Reservation only
$12.95 per person
Serving our traditional English-style tea on a 2 tiered cake stand, using the freshest ingredients
- Three varieties of Gourmet Tea Sandwiches.
- Scones with English Devonshire Cream and selection of cakes and pastries.
- Choose your favorite Tea from our extensive list. Served in china tea pots.
Groups are always welcomed, even in the off-season. We can accommodate bus tour groups of up to 55. Call 608-634-4112 for more details.
Our Specialty is Your Occasion!
Reserve the formal dining room or the Entire House for that special occasion!!! Inquire about our banquet options and catering accommodations. We can cater your special occasion in one, or all three dining rooms. Minimum 25. Maximum 40.
Ask us about hosting Christmas parties, office dinner meetings, rehearsal dinners, family reunion meals, baby showers, or bridal showers.
Evening dining is not available at the Westby House Inn. For information on evening dining close to the Inn, please visit our page on the Westby Area
The Westby House Restaurant offers Valentine's dining! It is the only time we are open in the evening. Below is a sample menu of our 4-course Dinner for Two. (To assure the freshest of ingredients, this menu could change slightly) Dates are announced after January 1st of each year.
Sample Menu of our 4-Course Dinner for Two:
Parmesan Chicken Spinach Cakes
Hearts of Romaine & Mixed Greens Salad
Char-grilled 6 oz. Filet Mignon, with Choice of:
Shrimp Scampi or Parmesan Encrusted Salmon
Herb Roasted Potatoes with Dill Cream
Fresh Sauteed Vegetable Du Jour
Chocolate Romance Crumb Cake and Fresh Strawberries
Special Heart Memento Gift for Each Lady
Cocktails, Wine List and Champagne are Available at Your Table
Meals served with Breads and Butter, and Coffee Service